Thursday, May 1, 2014

Fantasy Art Thursday: "Guardian Gnomes" by Caleb Cleveland

((Click HERE to go to Caleb Cleveland's DeviantArt page))
I've always had a soft spot for gnomes. They always seem to get the short end of the stick when compared to the halfling. Their interesting takes on gnomes is one of the many reasons why I enjoy both the Eberron and Golarion settings. 

The above piece depicts a group of gnome adventurers from the Kingdoms of Kalamar campaign setting fighting a horde of vicious kobolds trying to enter their warren. I love the detail Caleb Cleveland put into this piece. I like how each gnome looks different and seems to have their own unique personality. I also like how the kobolds look different and have different armor, making the horde look more visually interesting. 

This is just a cool action scene that shows how awesome gnomes can be. It actually makes me want to run a short, all gnome campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment