Wednesday, July 30, 2014

New Weapon - The Chain Sword

Art by Wayne Reynolds
Sometimes, you just have to throw the concept of reality out the window so you can embrace things that are simply badass.

This is one of those times.

Ever since I laid eyes on a Warhammer 40k miniature for the first time, I've been fascinated by the concept of the chainsaw sword. Don't get me wrong, I know the idea is silly and a little stupid. Chainsaws are not pratical weapons, but the idea of wielding a sword that works like one seems utterly metal to me. Its a concept so ludicrous that it somehow makes a mental 360 and becomes awesome.

With that in mind, I thought I'd create statistics for the chainsword for Pathfinder. This is simply a rough draft and I'd love to get others thoughts and opinions on it. Also, feel free to use this in your games. I'd love to see the look on a group of PC's faces when they're attacked by a band of orcs wielding these suckers. I have a feeling it'd be glorious.

The chainsword is a mechanical monstrosity that possesses the general shape of a sword with a serrated blade resting at the center. The element that makes the chainsword unique is that it possesses an engine inside the hilt that can be turned on as a move action, causing the blade to spin at a rapid rate for 1 minute. While the blade is spinning, the chainsword deals an extra die of damage. The engine requires 1 gallon of oil to work. A full engine allows the chainsword to be turned on twice.

Exotic Weapon
Price
Dmg (S)
Dmg (M)
Critical
Range
Weight
Type
Special
Chainsword
1,500 gp
1d4*
1d6*
19-20/x2
-
12 lbs.
Slashing
See Text

No comments:

Post a Comment