Monday, January 20, 2014

Three Games I'd Love to Play/Run

Every gamer has a list of titles they'd love to play or run one day. Since one of my New Year's resolutions was to play/run more games this year other than Pathfinder, I found myself thinking about some of the games I'd like to play the most and might get a chance to do so at some point in 2014.

#1. Numenera
Such a beautiful looking cove
Numenera is a science fantasy roleplaying game designed by Monte Cook. While I didn't donate to the Kickstarter (I was incredibly broke at the time), I've been following the development of this game pretty much from the beginning because I love science fantasy and I wanted to see what Cook would do with it. Thankfully, he didn't disappoint and the game looks like it'd be a lot of fun. Now, I just have to sell my players on the concept...

#2. Monsterhearts
Looks more like a YA Romance novel than a RPG
When I first heard of Monsterhearts, I was incredibly weary due to the creator mentioning Twilight in the video on the Kickstarter page. However, when I learned that Monsterhearts was using the same system from Apocalypse World and Dungeon World, I found myself intrigued enough to check it out. After reading through it, I really want to play or run this. As with Numenera, I just have to sell my group on the concept. 

#3. Torchbearer
Back to the beautiful looking covers
Like Numenera, I've been following the development of Torchbearer from the beginning. I love Mouse Guard and what it did to Burning Wheel's engine. Even thought Torchbearer is a little more complex than Mouse Guard, I don't mind the additional crunch and I love the feel of the game. This one would probably be an easier sell to my group due to the genre. 

Question Time: What games do you really want to play/run?



No comments:

Post a Comment