Thursday, March 6, 2014

Fantasy Art Thursday: "Ancient Gods" by Daren Bader

Click HERE to go to Daren Bader's Blog
I've mentioned before that I love a good, atmospheric piece of art. The above picture by artist Daren Bader is a perfect example of what I like to see in a piece like this. I love the rumble scattered across the flour and the sole source of light, which appears to be coming from a hole in the ceiling of this ancient temple. I like the skeletons in the alcoves in the wall and the large, armored skeleton sitting atop that stone throne, making you wonder who this temple belonged to. Also, the tentacles slowly emerging from behind the giant skeleton are a nice touch, giving you a hint at just how 'ancient' these gods are. This piece really makes me want to create a lost temple for my players to explore,  a temple that might contain its own ancient, slightly alien forces.

No comments:

Post a Comment