Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Swords of the Petal Throne - A Tekumel Roleplaying Game by Kevin Crawford

+Kevin Crawford is one of those creators who consistently manages to put out excellent work. Stars Without Number is one of my favorite old school compatible games on the market, and his other projects are equally fantastic (especially Spears of the Dawn).

Recently, Crawford has released a game set in M.A.R. Barker's Tekumel called Swords of the Petal Throne. The version currently available online is a beta test using a version of the rules found in Stars Without Number, but modified to fit Barker's setting. I've only glanced through it, but I'm really digging what I'm seeing.

Swords of the Petal Throne is not an officially licensed work, but merely a fan production. However, there's a possibility we might see that change sometime in the future. I'm definitely routing for that to happen because I'd love throw my money at this awesome game and see what a final, fully illustrated PDF might look like. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way.

Those interested in checking out Crawford's other work can do so HERE. I promise, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment