Monday, December 16, 2013

Three Suns Unlimited: First Impressions

Source: Three Suns Unlimited's Facebook Page
Recently, a gaming store called Three Suns Unlimited opened up in my area. This is something of a godsend since the closest FLGS ("Friendly Local Gaming Store") was a few towns over and me being a broke person made that trip a very unattractive action. So, since I had some free time on Saturday, I decided to give Three Suns Unlimited a visit.

The first thing I noticed when I entered the establishment was the large gaming area. There were rows upon rows of tables and a large shelf filled with numerous board games. They even had an area with a couch and television for people to play video games. Since the store's mission (as stated on their website) is to "[provide] a safe, fun environment for the community" and they seem to have a number of gaming events throughout the week, this is definitely a good thing. When I walked into the store, they actually had a Magic tournament going on and there were a few tables where two Pathfinder Society games were being set up (One of which I played in. Quick Thoughts so I Don't Digress From the Point of This Post: While the scenario's had a slow pace at times, I had a blast and will most likely return).

The store also had a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. I've heard so many stories about people who've gone into a gaming store and had a horrible time because the owners of the employees made them feel unwelcome. Thankfully, that's not the case for Three Suns Unlimited. The owners seemed to be very nice and seem to really care about the hobby and their costumers.

Honestly, I only really have one complaint about Three Suns Unlimited. This is most likely due to the fact that they just opened, but the store seem to be lacking a little in the product department. While they had some cool stuff, I just wish they had more of it.

However, I believing the welcoming atmosphere, the regular gaming events, and the large gaming area make up for that complaint. I will definitely be going back whenever I get the free time and supporting this store as best as I can. If you're ever in the Longview, Texas area, I suggest stopping by Three Suns Unlimited and giving it a look.

No comments:

Post a Comment