Monday, April 27, 2015

New Rifts Game to Use Savage Worlds System

Now 100% Palladium System
Free!
It looks like miracles do happen.

Last week while visiting my local game store, the owner mentioned that a new roleplaying game set on Rifts Earth will be created by Pinnacle Entertainment group and will utilize the Savage Worlds system.

Like most sane people, I didn't believe it at first. Knowing how much Siembieda seems to love that clunky, convoluted system he's been using for years, I had my doubts that he'd actually allow this. Especially considering Palladium's actually threatened fans who've tried creating alternate rules for the universe with lawsuits.

Thankfully, I was proven wrong. Several days ago as part of their Weekly Update, Palladium Books announced that is was actually happening.

Cue the sound of numerous gamers screaming like excited tweens at a One Direction concert.

Rifts has always been one of those games that I've loved the insane concept and gonzo nature of the world, but greatly disliked the system. I've always enjoyed Rifts in spite of the rules, not because of them. Now, I might be able to do enjoy the world AND the mechanics! Especially considering that I absolutely love Savage Worlds and feel like it will be a great fit for the game.

What do you think about this news? Do you feel like this is a good thing, or a bad thing? Are you happy that Rifts will being using the Savage Worlds system, or would you like to see another company doing this with another system? I'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.

((I know that I'm a little bit late with this piece of news, but I'd rather be last on the bandwagon than miss it entirely)).

No comments:

Post a Comment