Friday, September 5, 2014

The Literary Origins of Science Fiction in Fantasy Settings

I guess I should explain why there isn't a normal post today. Well, I decided to take the post I scheduled for today and move it back to October (I'll explain why later). Because of that, I really don't have anything to talk about and don't feel like slapping something together.

Thankfully, I found something that I'd like to share with you guys. Yesterday, Owen K.C. Stephens posted this little piece on Paizo's blog. Inspired by the release of the Iron Gods Adventure Path (which blends science fiction tropes with their fantasy setting of Golarion), the blog post traces the literary routes of this particular brand of genre blending.

While its a short piece, I found it to be an interesting read. I've always liked blending genres in my games, and I love celebrating the literary routes of our hobby. If you have some spare time, give it a quick read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment