Friday, May 3, 2013

Torchbearer Kickstarter

Torchbearer, for those of you who don't know, is a fantasy roleplaying game based on the 2008 game Mouse Guard (which itself is a simplified version of Burning Wheel). The Kickstarter for the game calls is a dungeon crawl game that is a love letter to Basic D&D. While I'm not the biggest fan of Burning Wheel (I find it too crunchy for my tastes), I REALLY like Mouse Guard and want to see what an "Advanced Mouse Guard" game will look like. 

The Kickstarter has 27 days to go and it has already raised $29,431 (over double its $14,700 goal). While this project will definitely be funded, it's never a bad idea to throw your own money into the pot just to get some of pledge awards. Also, if you're like me and curious to see what they're doing with the game, you have an extra incentive to chip in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment