Friday, November 1, 2013

National Game Design Month: Write and Play a Game in One Month!

((Click Here for the Challenge's Website))
Since its creation in 2010, National Game Design Month (NaGa DeMo for short) is an annual challenge that takes place during the month of November. The rules for the challenge are rather simple:
  • Create a game during the month of November. 
  • Finish the game during the month of November. 
  • Play the game during the month of November. 
  • Talk about your experiences during the month of November. 
If you manage to do all four of those things before the month is over, you "win" and get to brag about defeating the dreaded beast that is NaGa DeMo. The game can be a board game, a card game, a RPG, a video game, a wargame, or anything else you can come up with. As long as you create it and play it during November, it counts. 

I think I'm going to try and take the NaGa DeMo challenge as well this year. I already have a few ideas and I just want to see if I can pull it off. I'll probably post updates about the game I end up working here as well, hopefully on a regular basis throughout the month. 

No comments:

Post a Comment