Thursday, May 15, 2014

"Dragongazing" by William O'Connor

((Click HERE to check out O'Connor's Website))
Whether they'd like to admit it or not, I think everyone loves dragons. Why wouldn't they? Dragons are incredibly powerful creatures that can inspire immense dread one moment and incredible awe the next. They've been the stars of numerous works of fiction and have been present in numerous campaigns have ended with the heroes facing one of these titanic beasts. 

While I personally prefer dragons to be monstrous entities that come close to be forces of nature in their level of power, I would be lying if I said I didn't have a soft spot for the more whimsical side of dragons and didn't indulge in that love every so often. I think that's why I love the above piece by William O'Connor so much.

 I love how he captures this rather beautiful scene of a young boy looking up at the starry sky with his draconic company, who is curled around him. The piece has an aura of platonic intimacy that I like, giving you the impression these two are very close and care for each other. I know that sounds really sappy, but I think we're all allowed to be sappy on occasions. This picture always manages to bring a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment