Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Simple Critical Hit Chart


Monday, I posted a simplified critical fumble chart for Pathfinder. Since I want to be fair, I thought I'd create a simplified critical hit chart as well. This table is something of a rough draft that I believe still needs a little work to get it to the right place. However, I thought I'd let people see it anyway to get everyone's opinion on the subject.

CRITICAL HIT
When a player makes an attack roll and the result falls within their weapon's critical threat range, they must immediately make an additional roll to "confirm" the critical hit. If this second roll would hit the opponent, the player rolls a d% and consults the following table to see what happens:
 
d%
Results
01-50
The character receives the normal benefits of a critical hit
51-80
The character receives the normal benefits of a critical hit and the opponent receives one of the following conditions for 1 round:  dazzled, deafened, entangled, shaken, or sickened.
81-100
The character receives the normal benefits of a critical hit, but receives an additional attack against their opponent at their highest attack bonus for free.

Like the previous chart, I tried to keep this one easy to remember and hopefully simple to use at the table. The normal critical has the widest target, with the free attack (which might be a little too good for those who really care about balance) having the smallest. For those of you who might want to use a different kind of dice for this, you can use the d12 variant I posted with the critical fumble chart with this one as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment