Monday, March 23, 2015

Halflings for Pathfinder Beginner Box

Recently, I've been toying with the idea of running an open table Pathfinder campaign at my FLGS. However, instead of using the full set of rules, I thought it would be easier to use the streamlined version found within the Beginner Box.

With that being said, I have a few additions and changes I'll be making to the content presented within the Hero's Handbook, mostly to give the players a few more options and make things easier. The first addition I want to make is a fourth race, which should be obvious based on the title of this post. 

I understand why Paizo decided to not add small races to the Beginner Box, especially when you consider some of the added layer of complication they add to the game with weapon and armor sizes. 

However, I feel like it's relatively easy to create a simplified version of the halfling for use with the Beginner Box rules. Here's my rough draft. 

Ability Scores: You add 2 to Dexterity and Charisma, and subtract 2 from your Strength score.

SpeedYou have a base speed of 20 feet (4 squares). When wearing medium or heavy armor, your speed is reduced to just 10 feet (2 squares). 

Small Size: You are a smaller size than other races. This grants you a +4 bonus on Stealth skill checks. However, you can't wield two-handed melee weapons. 

Fearless: You are incredibly brave, possessing a knack for staying cool in harrowing situations. You receive a +2 bonus on saving throws against fear effects.

Keen Senses: You are good at spotting details. You receive a +2 bonus on Perception skill checks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment