Monday, August 10, 2015

#RPGaDay2015 - Day 10: Who's Your Favorite RPG Publisher?


Today's question is an interesting one because I feel like everyone reading this assumes they know which company I'm going to pick, mostly due to the sheer amount of time and posts I've dedicated to covering them and their flagship product over the past two to three years. However, certain decisions they've made within the last year or so and the slight dip in quality of their products has caused my opinion to drop somewhat. I still enjoy the majority of their products and continue to support them, but I can't honestly say Paizo is my favorite company anymore.

My choice for my favorite company is actually one that used to be seen as just a top tier publisher of 3rd party content for the d20 system, but has really made a name for themselves within recent years by releasing some seriously quality products. My choice is Green Ronin Publishing.

The reason I ended up going with them is because I can't remember a single time I was truly upset with one of their products. I might have been disappointed with Titansgrave: The Ashes of Valkana, but I blame that more on my own misconceptions about what the product was going to be instead of it's actual quality. However, I feel my thoughts on all their other products have been way beyond satisfactory.

Mutants & Masterminds? Love it and see it as one of the best superhero games on the market. Fantasy Age? Love it and is quickly becoming one of my favorite fantasy systems. Dragon Age? Loved it and felt like it really captured the property well. A Song of Ice & Fire RPG? Read my previous comment on Dragon Age. All the cool d20 products compatible with Pathfinder, such as the Advanced Bestiary and the Freeport campaign setting line? Easily some of my favorite supplements for the system, with one of them being in my opinion something every Pathfinder GM should own.

Because of those things, my dear readers, I have to name Green Ronin Publishing as my favorite RPG publisher. Although, Pinnacle Entertainment Group is a VERY close second choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment