Friday, February 14, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge - Part Two


Here's Part Two of the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge. If you'd like to know why I'm doing this blog challenge as a four-part series instead of a daily series, see Part One.

8. First set of polyhedral dice you owned. Do you still use them?: My first set of polyhedral dice was the set packaged with the 3.5 Basic Game box set. If I'm correct, it had a purple d100, orange d20, yellow d12, green d10, blue d8, red d6, and black d4. Unfortunately, I've lost all of them over the years. 

9. First campaign setting (published or homebrew) you played in: While technically the first campaign setting I played in was a homebrew, I'm not going to count it since it was basically just a string of modules with very little setting development. The first true campaign setting I ever played in was the 3.5 edition of the Forgotten Realms (specifically the Dalelands). 

10. First gaming magazine you ever bought (Dragon, Dungeon, White Dwarf, etc.): The first gaming magazine I ever purchased was an issue of Dungeon magazine during the time Paizo published it. I can't remember the exact issue number, but it was during the time they were publishing the Savage Tide adventure path. 

11. First splatbook you begged your DM to approve: I believe the first splatbook I begged my GM at the time to let me use was the Expanded Psionics Handbook for 3.5. I had just purchased it and I really wanted to try out a psion. 

12. First store where you bought your gaming supplies. Does it still exist?: The first store where I bought my gaming supplies was my local Books-A-Million, and it still exists. 

13. First miniature(s) you used for D&D: The first miniatures I ever used for D&D were the plastic miniatures packaged with the 3.5 Basic Game box set (I'm getting really tired of typing that line). 

14. Did you meet your significant other while playing D&D? Does he or she still play? While I'm currently single, I'll talk about my recent ex-girlfriend. While I didn't meet while playing D&D, I did meet her while roleplaying online. I eventually got her to try out Pathfinder and we played a few solo campaigns together.

Continued in Part 3...

No comments:

Post a Comment