Friday, February 28, 2014

D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge - Part Four


Here's the fourth and final part of the D&D 40th Anniversary Blog Hop Challenge. Click here, here, and here for Part One, Two, and Three.

22. First D&D-based novel you ever read (Dragonlance trilogy, Realms novels, etc.): I believe the first D&D-based novel I ever read was The Thousand Orcs by R. A. Salvatore. That was back in 8th grade and I remember enjoying it.

23. First song that comes to mind that you associate with D&D. Why?: The first song that comes to my mind when I think D&D is probably "Holy Diver" by Dio. This is probably due to the video showing Dio as some barbarian warrior entering an ancient ruin to slay a demon.

24. First movie that comes to mind that you associate with D&D. Why?: The first movie that comes to my mind when I think D&D is probably Conan the Destroyer. I know its not a very good movie, but it just feels like a stereotypical D&D adventure to me.

25. Longest running campaign/gaming group you've been in: The longest running gaming group I've ever been in was probably my gaming group in college.

26. Do you still game with the group that introduced you to the hobby?: Since I wasn't introduced to the hobby through a gaming group, that would be no.

27. If you had to do it all over again, would you do anything different when you first started gaming?: Probably not. Those early, horrible games helped shape the GM that I am today and showed me what to do and not to do.

28. What's the single most important lesson you've learned from playing D&D?: The most important lesson I've learned from playing D&D is "Don't be a dick and just have fun." I think if more people took that lesson to heart, there would be a lot less problems in the hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment