Friday, January 4, 2013

Game of Thrones as a Fiasco Play-Set?

From A Song of Ice and Fire Roleplaying Game,
Illustration by Andrew Hou

One of my favorite games to play when my group wants to take a break from the usual games for a night is Fiasco. I love how the game works, how simple it is to learn, and how much fun it is to come up with all these devious plans and then watch them all fall apart in a glorious fashion.

In a few weeks, I'm going to be helping one of my best friends move and visit another friend in the process. Since both are gamers, I'm thinking about having a game night while we're up there and running a few different one-shots, and Fiasco is definitely one of the games I've been considering. However, I also need to figure out what play-set to use.

While looking through the free play-sets available on the game publisher's website, I started to think, "You know, I wonder if you could use the set-up for Game of Thrones for a session of Fiasco?" As I thought about the goings-on in Westeros, the more I felt it would make a really entertaining Fiasco game. The players could be scheming nobles who are all trying to further their own goals while working with each other and secretly sabotaging each other as well. I can always see the different relationships that would be available and what options would be available during the Set-Up stage of the game.

Now, all I have to do is actually sit down and write it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment