Friday, February 1, 2013

Looking for a Good Cyberpunk Game

Since I'm hoping to get a new game going soon (my last attempt failed miserably), I've been thinking about what I would like to run. While fantasy is my usual choice, I'm thinking about changing things up. While I thought about a few different genres, the idea of running a cyberpunk game keeps popping up in my mind and I have an idea or two that could work for it.

However, if I were to decide to run a cyberpunk game, I would need to find a good cyberpunk game to run. For the story that I have in mind, I want it to be a strictly Sci-Fi game, so that would disqualify Shadowrun. Does anyone have any good recommendations for a cyberpunk game?

2 comments:

  1. There is a Savage Worlds supplement called Interface Zero, which seems pretty promising. The game is actually undergoing a Kickstarter to fund printing the revision: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/821979583/interface-zero-20-full-metal-cyberpunk

    If Interface Zero looks good to you, you can get all of the current edition PDFs by pledging $20 to the Kickstarter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Rob Monroe - Thanks for the recommendation Rob, I'll give Interface Zero a look since I'm a huge fan of Savage Worlds and it would be nice to use a system my players already know instead of having to teach them an entirely new one.

      Delete